This photo, taken from the newly released "Monroe Area Pictorial History," shows what remained of the eight businesses on the east side of the Square after they were destroyed by fire on May 22, 1879. The buildings were all replaced with brick buildings and ready to rent by September. The new book recently arrived from the printer and is available for purchase for $25 each at Sequels and at Schultz Pharmacy on the east side of the Square and at the Green County Historical Museum. The museum is open from 1 to 4 p.m. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays through October. Direct questions to Matt Figi at 608-325-6503 or firstname.lastname@example.org.