JANESVILLE — Blackhawk Technical College announced June 17 that it is moving to stage five of its seven-stage reopening plan June 22, Blackhawk will reopen its campuses. Facemasks will be required inside all buildings; including all classrooms and labs. Entrance to college buildings will no longer require health screenings.
Blackhawk offers a variety of learning options. While in-person and online courses continue to be popular, the college also delivers courses as MyEdChoice. Students can choose to attend online, in-person at a set time, or via video conferencing.
The college has been closed to the public since March 18 and the majority of spring semester instruction was offered online. College leadership continues to closely monitor local, state and federal recommendations to ensure the safety of its students and employees. The safety and well-being of students and employees remain a top priority. The reopening plan allows the college to slowly and safely resume operations. For more information, visit www.Blackhawk.edu/coronavirus.
About Stage 5
● All campuses are open for students who have scheduled classes; face-to-face/hands-on, student support needs or employees.
● No active screening protocols; all employees and students are requested to perform symptom checks
● All employees and students required to practice physical distancing, wear facemasks inside buildings and sanitize workspaces before and after use.
● Staff will return to campus with a staggered work schedule, in some cases, to ensure safety and physical distancing in workspaces. Departments and offices will operate under a combination of remote staffing and/or on-campus if staggered work schedules are required to ensure physical distancing guidelines.
● All classes will follow social distancing guidelines and everyone will wear appropriate PPE. The number of individuals in a classroom is based on the size and capacity of the designated room.
● College services will continue to be provided online, and limited services will open on campus.
● Student Support Services and IT Helpdesk (Central Campus) will be available in-person with social distancing protocols.
● Shuttle service can resume with a limited number of riders to adhere to social distancing.
● Bookstore services resume.
● Foodservice and vending machine services resume.
● Student Success Center reopens with limited seating for computer and WiFi access.
● Student Union can reopen.
● Advanced cleaning and sanitization procedures will continue to be followed.
● Events and activities with up to 25 can meet in-person, with prior approval from campus safety, in a space that will allow for physical distancing; appropriate PPE must be worn.
● Events and activities with 25 or more people are either canceled or moved to a virtual format.
● Indoor facilities are unavailable for use by outside groups.