This photo of local Boy Scouts, businessmen and servicemen who had already returned home was taken 75 years ago in Browntown on Mill Street on the site where the village hall and museum were later built. It is from the collection of the late Helen Mayne and was taken in the summer of 1945 next to the World War II Honor Roll. Celebrating the end of World War II in the back row are Roy Lewis, Roland Cook, Ross Vincent, Don Goodman, Gene Doyle, Harry Phillips and Francis Swiggum (partially hidden). In the center row are Marlin Cook, Jim Wells, Bob Chambers, Alvin DeNure and Everett Thoreson. In the front row are Delbert Shager, Henry Brecklin, Richard Ruegsegger, Bill Chambers, Willard Shager, Anton Grawehr, Jim Curran and Gene Ellingson.