By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
MTG’s ‘Right Before I Go’ gives over $3,500 to local mental health charities
a MTG logo.png

MONROE — In early June, Monroe Theatre Guild put on a powerful production, “Right Before I Go,” written by Stan Zimmerman. In a press release dated Aug. 4, the Monroe Theatre Guild thanked the community for supporting their production and director Jeff Ditzenberger for bringing the show to the MTG stage. Together, Monroe Theatre Guild was able to contribute over $3,500 to mental health advocacy.

The play brought to life the last words written in letters by individuals lost to suicide — including celebrities, veterans, bullied children, LGBTQ+, the clinically depressed — and those who have survived suicide attempts. 

The show offered hope, brought mental health awareness, and started difficult conversations about suicide in hundreds of households in our community. The message was strong, but MTG and Ditzenberger wanted the production’s reach to be even more impactful. They decided to donate a portion of the proceeds from “Right Before I Go” to local mental health awareness and suicide prevention organizations.

A portion of the funds raised from ticket sales will go to NAMI of Green County, SARP (Sexual Assault Recovery Program), Jacob’s Swag, The Village, and T.U.G.S (Talking, Understanding, Growing, and Supporting). 

“MTG is proud to continue a long-standing tradition of supporting the community that supports us whenever we can,” the press release stated.