By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Students evacuate after kitchen mishap
Placeholder Image
MONROE - A kitchen mishap during the lunch period briefly caused the evacuation of Abraham Lincoln Elementary School Wednesday. Director of Pupil Services Joe Monroe said it was unclear what exactly happened, but there was enough smoke that Principal Sara Latimer made the decision to evacuate the school and call the fire department at approximately 11 a.m. "Our staff did a great job following procedures and getting the kids out and to the high school," Monroe said. "The district has done a lot of work to make sure we have evacuation plans in place at each of our schools."