By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Program participants can request to hay, graze land
Placeholder Image
MONROE - The Green County United States Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency announced that participants enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program may now request to hay or graze certain acres enrolled in CRP under the program's managed haying/grazing provisions. Hay harvested from CRP acres may be used by the program participant, sold or donated to another individual. Prior to haying, CRP participants must visit their local FSA office to sign a request to hay the acreage and work with the Natural Resources Conservation Service to amend the conservation plan.