After meeting for several years in a Methodist Church on Monticello's north side, local Swiss families formed a German Reformed congregation, and in 1887 they built a church and parsonage. Rev. Carl Heyl, pictured on this postcard, served the congregation from October 1907 until 1909. In 1910, a new parsonage was built at a cost of $4,834. The year 1913 marked the first time a sermon was given in the English language. Starting in 1925, English language services were held every Sunday. Today the church is known as the Zwingli United Church of Christ.