By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Foreign landowners must report transactions
Placeholder Image
MONROE - Teresa R. Zimmer, county executive director of the Farm Service Agency, informs foreign investors who buy, sell or hold a direct or indirect interest in agricultural lands in the United States that they are required under the Agricultural Foreign Investment Disclosure Act to report their holdings and transactions to the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture. The Agricultural Foreign Investment Disclosure Act became effective Feb. 2, 1979, and requires any foreign person who acquires or transfers any interest other than a security interest in agricultural land to report the transaction to FSA within 90 days of the sale or purchase. The Secretary of Agriculture designated the Farm Service Agency to collect the reports which are to be submitted on form FSA-153, Agricultural Foreign Investment Disclosure Act Report.