By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Comfort in the face of loss
62740b.jpg
An electrical fire caused severe damage in the hall of the home Dawn Shimko was renting. Shimko lost a majority of her possessions in the fire with the exception of a rocking chair her mother gave her. (Photo supplied)
BRODHEAD - At 5 a.m. Jan. 15, Dawn Shimko and her 16-year-old son, Bryce, were trying to sleep soundly in their home on 10th Street, but a crackling sound woke Dawn, who thought Bryce had woken early to study for finals.

We hope you enjoyed your FREE preview of TheMonroeTimes.com

Subscribe to access more great content!