By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Smoke shuts down City Hall
14181a.jpg
Times photo: Brenda Steurer Firefighters respond as Monroe City Hall is evacuated Wednesday afternoon after an explosion of a roof air conditioning compressor filled part of the building with smoke. Most of the smoke was in the lower level. City Hall was closed for the rest of the day. Mayor Ron Marsh expects the building to be open today.
MONROE - City Hall was shut down Wednesday afternoon after an explosion of a roof air conditioning compressor filled part of the building with smoke, according to Monroe Fire Department Chief Daryl Rausch. City Hall was reopened for business Thursday.