By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Small fire at MHS put out by staff member
Placeholder Image
MONROE - A fire that started in a bathroom at Monroe High School on Tuesday was quickly put out by a staff member and posed no danger to students. MHS Principal Chris Medenwaldt said a student notified the staff member of the fire in a bathroom near the science wing, which is near the middle of the high school. The staff member picked up a fire extinguisher and put out the fire.