By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Justice Department will review death of Wis. teen
Placeholder Image
MILWAUKEE (AP) - The U.S. Justice Department plans to review the death of a 16-year-old who was restrained at a Milwaukee-area convenience store but says his family has not provided sufficient evidence so far of a civil rights violation. U.S. Attorney James Santelle said in a statement Saturday that his office will look into Corey Stingley's death to determine if an "investigation is warranted, without any present commitment to or plan for prosecution," the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Sunday (http://bit.ly/1icOgoS ). Milwaukee District Attorney John Chisholm has already decided not to charge three white men in the black teenager's death.

We hope you enjoyed your FREE preview of TheMonroeTimes.com

Subscribe to access more great content!