By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
House fire displaces family of 5
34641a.jpg
A faulty fuse panel in the basement of a home located at 703 20th St. causes a basement fire that leaves a family of five and their dog temporarily displaced. (Times photo: Anthony Wahl)
MONROE - A house fire Monday that started in the basement caused significant damage and has temporarily displaced a family. About 35 firefighters responded just before 4 p.m. to a report of smoke in the rental house at 703 20th St., according to Daryl Rausch, Monroe fire chief. The fire started in a faulty fuse panel in the basement, Rausch said.