By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire destroys apartment in Riverview complex
46046a.jpg
Two Albany firefighters reposition the hose off of fire-related debris pulled from a vacant, central apartment of Riverview Apartments after a fire broke out inside Tuesday in Albany. (Times photo: Anthony Wahl)
ALBANY - While a frozen water pipe was being repaired, a fire accidentally started in the insulation of an empty apartment at the Riverview Apartments in Albany Tuesday morning. Albany Fire Chief Danny Mueller said a maintenance worker was soldering some pipes when the fire likely ignited on some insulation and ran up the walls of the apartment. No one was injured as the apartment was unoccupied.