By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Family unharmed in house fire
19811a.jpg
Times photo: Brenda Steurer Monroe firefighters responded to a house fire at about 11:15 a.m. at 1802 14th Ave. The family evacuated the house by the time the Monroe Fire Department arrived at the scene. Fire Chief Daryl Rausch said the fire began in a second-floor bedroom closet and was out by 11:35 a.m.
By Brian Graybgray@themonroetimes.comMONROE - No one was injured in a house fire that began at about 11:15 a.m. Tuesday at 1802 14th Ave.Edward Paschal III, who lived in the house, said his sons noticed smoke on the second-story and ran downstairs to tell him. He said there was black smoke upstairs when smoke alarms in the house began to go off. The family then evacuated the home.Paschal lives in the house with his three sons, Nicholas, 16; Shane, 9; and Jason, 5; and his father Edward Paschal Jr.

We hope you enjoyed your FREE preview of TheMonroeTimes.com

Subscribe to access more great content!