By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Dehumidifier fire damages home
Placeholder Image
MONROE - A basement dehumidifier that malfunctioned and caught fire caused an estimated $40,000 in damages to a home just east of Monroe Middle School Monday, Oct. 14. No people or pets were reported injured in the house fire in the 1700 block of 13th Street, according to a news release from Fire Chief Daryl Rausch. The resident who reported the fire was able to evacuate, and no one else was home at the time.