By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Blaze destroys garage, but spares house in Monticello
249a.jpg
Photo supplied by Jon Eyler Firefighters were able to extinguish a fire started in the garage before it spread to the house at 113 East Lake Ave. in Monticello on Tuesday night, but everything in the garage was lost. Assistant Fire Chief Jon Eyler said the garage looked as if it had been used as a recreation room. Toys, including a childs bike, could be seen among the charred remains.
MONROE - No one was injured when a fire gutted a garage at 113 East Lake Ave. in Monticello on Tuesday night.