MONROE — Because of COVID-19, voters in Monroe are strongly urged to vote absentee for the April 7 Spring Election and Presidential Preference Primary. We prefer that you request your ballot online.
How to register to vote:
Before a ballot is requested, voters should be registered. Check registration status at https://myvote.wi.gov/en-US/RegisterToVote. Register in person at the municipal clerk’s office until Friday, April 3. After that, register at the polling place on Election Day.
Following confirmation, request an absentee ballot online using the following instructions:
1. Go to https://myvote.wi.gov.
2. Look for the “Vote Absentee” button near the top of the page. On a mobile phone, use the menu button in the upper right corner of the website.
3. Follow the three-step process that starts with putting in a name and date of birth, followed by requesting a ballot.
4. Upload a copy of a photo ID if one is not on file. Mobile phone users can take a picture and upload it to MyVote.
5. Absentee ballot requests submitted this way go directly to the voter’s clerk’s office, and can be tracked by returning to the website.
Those without internet access can request absentee ballots by mailing, emailing or faxing the municipal clerk’s office. Find your clerk’s contact information on MyVote. Include with the request a copy of your photo ID unless there is one on file. More information on photo ID and exemptions can be found at bringit.wi.gov.
The deadline for registered voters to request that an absentee ballot be mailed is Thursday, April 2. Voters are encouraged not to wait.