MONROE — Memorial Day is to honor the men and women who died in all wars. This year, Monroe area citizens, during a worldwide pandemic, will join the rest of the nation in honoring the fallen men and women from past wars in a unique way.
In cooperation with radio stations WEKZ 1260 AM and 95.5 FM special programming, on May 25 citizens will be able to participate with social distancing from their vehicles.
Monroe area residents are invited to assemble at Recreation Park at 9:30 a.m. on Monday morning. Zilmer-Riley American Legion Post 84 and Auxiliary Unit and Cecil Jones Post 2312 members will distribute American hand flags to display as they proceed to Greenwood Cemetery.
Upon arrival at Greenwood Cemetery people are requested to tune into WEKZ Big Radio and enjoy the 2020 Memorial Day program from their vehicles. The broadcast will be aired at 10:10 a.m.
● Invocation, Monsignor Larry Bakke, St. Clare of Assisi Parish, Monroe
● Logan’s Orders, Amelia Suthers
● Gettysburg Address, Sadie Conway
● Roll Call of Deceased Veterans of Green County, Jim Glessner
● Benediction, Monsignor Larry Bakke, St. Clare of Assisi Parish, Monroe