By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Tax help available for seniors, low-income
Placeholder Image
MONROE - Volunteer Tax-Aide counselors trained and certified by the Internal Revenue Service will provide one-on-one assistance helping older, low- to moderate-income individuals complete their 2009 tax returns.This includes tax forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, Schedules A, B, C-EZ, D, L and M and the Wisconsin Tax forms 1, 1A, WI-Z and the Homestead Tax Credit Claim. Counselors can also determine whether or not individuals have a filing requirement or are eligible for any credit that may be applicable.People using this service should bring copies of their 2008 tax return as well a their W-2s, 1099 forms, Social Security earnings form and other relevant materials for 2009. A copy of your 2008 and 2009 property tax statement and/or rent certificate for 2009 are also needed.In Green County, trained AARP volunteers are available to help with tax form completion.

We hope you enjoyed your FREE preview of

Subscribe to access more great content!