By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
New business owners are eager for future
Brodhead Health and Fitness continues quality service, equipment, environment
Brodhead Fitness
Heather and Robert Chojnacki are looking forward to their new venture as the new owners of Brodhead Health and Fitness. They are looking into upgrading the facility and offerings in the future.

BRODHEAD — Brodhead resident Heather Chojnacki and her husband Robert are the new owners of Brodhead Health & Fitness, a 24/7 fitness facility. 

“Brodhead Health & Fitness will remain a 24/7 access facility,” Chojnacki said. “It will continue to offer quality service and equipment in an environment that is clean, safe, and comfortable with rates that are affordable.”

Chojnacki is excited to help the business grow. She grew up in Beloit and also helps her parents manage Sweet Minihaha Campground in Brodhead and works for the Brodhead School District part-time as a paraprofessional.

“I plan to gradually upgrade cardio equipment, one new piece of cardio per year and add new fitness classes,” said Chojnacki. “I also sell merchandise and nutritional products and want to add health coaching with nutrition counseling.” 

Excel Academy of Tae Kwon Do offers tae kwon do for children and adults at Brodhead Health & Fitness on Sundays at from 4 to 5:30 p.m. and Wednesdays from 5:30 to 6:15 p.m. Classes are taught by two-time national champion, Rhiannon Keen. 

If you go ...

What: Brodhead Health & Fitness open house 

When: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 4

Where: 708 21st. St., Brodhead

Why: Meet staff, facility tours, refreshments, demonstrations 

Brodhead Health & Fitness also is affiliated with the Silver Sneakers, Silver and Fit and Healthy Contributions programs. 

The facility offers a spacious aerobic room with aerobatile flooring, new Precor duo selectorized circuit, new Precor total body functional trainer, two cardio areas with 12 new flat-screen TVs, cable and cardio theater, four Lifefitness treadmills with flex decks and heart rate monitors, two Lifefitness elliptical trainers, one Precor elliptical trainer, one Lifefitness stepper, two recumbent bikes, one Matrix upright bike, one Startrac spinning bike, one Startrac spinning bike, one crossrobics machine, a rowing machine, a selection of neoprene hand weights, a private shower and lockers, complimentary equipment orientations and a Heart Start Deliberator. Staff are AED, adult, child and infant CPR certified.

In the free weight area, there are: dumbbells, 5-120 pounds; a smith machine; squat rack; leg press; incline, decline, and flat benches; and a 10-piece straight bar rack with rubber covered plates.

Chojnacki enjoys helping people and was excited when the opportunity to own Brodhead Health & Fitness presented itself.

“I enjoyed being a Brodhead Health & Fitness member and a part-time employee,” Chojnacki said. “I also love people and helping them. I had a vision one day and ran with it. Years ago, when I left the corporate world, I vowed to only have fun jobs and enjoy what I do to the fullest.” 

She plans on adding yoga and other fitness aspects in the near future.

“I’m a health coach and I’m working on becoming certified to add nutrition consulting to the fitness center,” Chojnacki said. “We also are working on some cosmetic upgrades.” 

Brodhead resident Taylor Fields had been a member of Brodhead Health & Fitness since 2015. She expressed happiness at Chojnacki owning the business. 

“I’m so happy that Heather has ownership of the gym,” Fields said. “I can’t wait to see the changes she makes as time goes on.”

Fields grew up in Orfordville and works as a CNA at Monroe Clinic Emergency room. She plans to finish her nursing degree after her wedding in October, noting that her online personal training courses are a natural fit in her life of prioritizing fitness.

“I got a membership because I knew I wanted to be a happier, healthier me,” Fields said. “I really like how convenient Brodhead Health & Fitness is to my home and the environment is super friendly and welcoming. I joke around and say that Brodhead Health & Fitness is my second home because I try to work out five times a week.”

Instructors seem experienced, dedicated and eager to help members achieve health and fitness goals in a friendly atmosphere, she added.

“We are proud to start a new chapter in this 23-year-old business and thank people in Brodhead and the surrounding area for their continued support,” Chojnacki said. 

For more information, contact Chojnacki at 608-897-3488 or visit the website at brodheadfitness.com.