WISCONSIN — In times of need, people come together to support one another. The American Red Cross is asking for healthy individuals to step up to help patients experiencing health crises by donating blood or platelets.
As COVID-19 continues to affect everyday life, people may not be thinking about blood donation. But blood and platelets are needed daily to help patients battling disease and facing the unexpected. Donating blood is an easy way to care for each other and ensure hospitals have the blood products patients rely on.
Local upcoming blood donation opportunities include:
● June 1 from 11:15 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., United Methodist Church, 2227 4th St., Monroe
● June 3 from 12 to 6 p.m., New Glarus Bible Church, 207 6th St.
● May 27 from 1 to 6 p.m., Marty’s Village Inn, 207 W Wisconsin 11, South Wayne
● June 2 from 1 to 6 p.m., Centenary United Methodist Church, 225 W Church St., Shullsburg
● June 9 from 1 to 5 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 237 E Main, Benton
● June 9 from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m., American Legion, 1400 Keep St., Darlington