By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Police Blotter: Oct. 19, 2017
Placeholder Image
New Glarus Police

NEW GLARUS - On Oct. 9:

• Dogs at large were reported at 7:40 a.m. along Wis. 69 and 11th Avenue. The dogs were located and later returned to their owner.

• A juvenile altercation was reported at 4:02 p.m. in the Village Park. The incident is still under investigation.

On Oct. 10:

• Dogs at large were reported at 11:45 a.m. on 1st Street. The complainant had other questions about animals.

• Police assisted a citizen who had locked their keys in their vehicle at 12:24 p.m. in the 2400 block on Wis. 69.

• Police responded to a 911 hang-up at 2:17 p.m. in the 1800 block of 2nd Street. It was an accidental dial.

• Police checked the welfare of a subject at 3:41 p.m. in the 300 block of 5th Street. The subject was located and everything was fine.

• Police responded to a report of limbs blocking the lane of traffic at 8:35 p.m. on Kubly Road.

• Police responded to a report of a dog running at large at 9:55 p.m. in the 1000 block of 3rd Street. The area was checked and the dog was not located.

On Oct. 11:

• Police located a boy's bicycle at 11:13 a.m. left in Village Park.

• Police responded to a 911 call at 3:40 p.m. in the 500 block of 14th Avenue. It was an accidental call and there was no emergency.

• Police took custody of a black male cat at 4:30 p.m. found wandering around the soccer park across from the high school. The cat had a flea collar but no identification tags and was turned over to the Green County Humane Society.

On Thursday:

• Police responded to a truancy complaint at 9:24 a.m. for a juvenile missing several days of school. A citation was issued to the student for violation of truancy and contact was made with a parent.

• Aleta L. Halverson, 20, Belleville, was cited for illegal window tint on Wis. 69 at 6th Avenue.

n Police removed a large tree limb from the roadway at 3:47 p.m. in the 200 block of Kubly Road.

• Police responded to a report of a phone scam at 4:33 p.m. This scam is where citizens receive a phone call stating that their grandson or family member is injured and money is needed to help them. The police department would like to remind citizens these are scams and not to give out any personal information to the callers.

On Friday:

• A bicycle was found at 9:15 a.m. in the 100 block of 7th Avenue and taken to police.

• An elderly female reported medical issues at 9:39 a.m. in the 600 block of Railroad Street but refused an ambulance and left the property before police arrived.

• Police received a complaint of a medium-sized piece of wood in the roadway at 9:52 a.m. at the intersection of 14th Avenue at 2nd Street. The wood was removed.

• Police removed a large chunk of wood at 10:05 a.m. from Wis. 69 at County W.

• A welfare check was requested at 10:37 a.m. after a post on Facebook. Family located the subject in Monroe and everything was fine.

• The Village Hall reported an insufficient-funds check. Police contacted the subject.

On Saturday:

• Police investigated the death of a village resident at 9:52 a.m. The resident was found to have died of natural causes.

• A 911 misdial was made at 3:54 p.m. from 9th Avenue.

• Police assisted a citizen at 5:07 p.m. in the 400 block of 3rd Street with a vehicle lock-out. The vehicle was unlocked without damaging it.

• Children were reported playing in the street at 5:30 p.m. in the 300 block of Elmer Road. Contact was made and the juveniles were advised to move on and not play in the roadway.

• A tree was reported at 5:36 p.m. in the 200 block of Kubly Road. The tree was removed.

• John S. Page, 22, Milwaukee, was arrested at 8:33 p.m. on 6th Avenue for an outstanding warrant. Page was turned over to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.

• A suspicious person was reported at 10:15 p.m. at a construction site on 2nd Street. Police found the contractor onsite recovering equipment.

• A couple sitting in a car was reported at 11:26 p.m. on 14th Avenue. Everything checked out and no further action was taken.

On Sunday:

• Police found a dog at 1 p.m. in the 200 block of 5th Avenue. The dog was later returned to its owner.